Filmhuis Den Haag is a lively cultural meeting place that aims to bring people and cultures together through a shared love for film. Unfortunately our café and restaurant are both closed due to corona measurements. Luckily, we are still open for what it's all about: the best films, on the big screen. With our hard working team we ensure a safe space: with an adapted capacity in the cinema rooms, fewer performances, walking routes and more.
Filmhuis Den Haag has a lot to offer for non-Dutch speakers (English spoken or subtitled):
The latest films from all over the world (almost on a daily basis)
Classics and Cult Classics: every season we offer a new selection!
Special screenings with Q&A's afterwards: f.e. Movies that Matter on Tour (monthly), Movies that Matter Festival (March). Eastern Neighbours Film Festival (November), Arts in Cinema
- How can I contact Filmhuis Den Haag
Filmhuis Den Haag is located at Spui 191, 2511 BN in The Hague, The Netherlands. Chamber of Commerce: 27143639Office:+31 (0)70 - 345 9900 or email@example.comOffice hours: Mon. to Fr. 9.30 - 18.00Restaurant:+31 (0)70 - 364 8763 during opening hours of the box office.Box Office:+31 (0) 70 - 365 6030The box office can be reached during opening hours: daily 10.00 - 22.00Tickets can be bought online, click here, or at the box office during opening hours.
- What are the opening hours?
Filmhuis Den Haag is open 364 days a year.
Daily 12.00 - 21.00
Closed due to corona measures.
Closed due to corona measures.
- How much is a ticket?
Standard price: €10,50
Cineville: €0,- (Online max 5 reservations per card. You can activate an online reservation until a maximum of 5 min. before the film).
Film longer than 180 minutes: + €2,50
Film shorter than 60 minutes: - €1,-
Film in 3D: + €1,50
- Are there any discounts?
- CJP, Student: €2,- discount.
- Friends of Filmhuis Den Haag: €3,- discount.
- Kids until 12: €3,- discount on kids movies.
- Hofcard / Lerarencard: €1,50 discount.
- Sneak preview: €2,50 discount.
- Ooievaarscard: 50% on regular ticket price.
- There are no discounts on fridays, saturdays and holidays from 17.00 (Except for friends- and Ooievaarscard holders).
- You only get a discount when showing a valid discount card.
- We don't give discount on discount. Free tickets cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Are there any gift vouchers?
A joy to give - a pleasure to get
Filmhuis Den Haag sells its own gift certificates, in addition to the national 'Bioscoopbon'. There are several options:
For sale at the counter:
- 10-Rittenkaart: 10 times to the movies for only € 82.50
For sale via the website:
- 10-Rittenkaart: 10 times to the movies for only € 82.50.
- Movie gift voucher: choose a credit of your choice from € 10 to € 25. Surprise someone with a nice movie!
All gift certificates are only valid at Filmhuis The Hague, up to 3 years after the date of sale. Extra costs are charged for special programs (long films or 3D films, for example). Cannot be exchanged for cash.
How to get there
- How can I get there?
Stop Bierkade: bus 5, 22, 24 or N5 / tram 1, 8, 9, 10, 15 or 16
Stop Centrum: bus bus 22 or 24 / tram 1 or 16
Stop Spui: tram 2, 3, 4 or 6
Stop Nieuwe Haven: bus 18, 22 or 24
The train stations CS (Central Station) and HS (Hollands Spoor) are at ten minutes walking distance.
Coming from the A12 motorway (Utrechtsebaan, from the directions Utrecht, Amsterdam (A4), Rotterdam), leave the motorway at exit number 2. Turn left at the traffic lights at the top of the exit. You will then find yourself passing Central Station, followed by Lucent Dance theatre and Hotel Mercure (all on your right). Immediately after Mercure, you come to a crossroads with Spui (traffic lights). Across, to your right, is Filmhuis Den Haag.
- Where can I park my car?
- What is ParkBee?
ParkBee makes private parking accessible to the public. They can offer affordable and easy parking at A locations to the public.
- It is accessible for disabled?
Halls 1, 2, 4 and 5 of Filmhuis Den Haag are wheelchair accessible. We have a limited number of spaces available for wheelchairs. When making your reservation, please inquire in which hall the film of your choice is shown and indicate your need for a wheelchair space.
All catering facilities have wheelchair access and a disabled bathroom is available.
- Are there any house rules?
- Discounts only on presentation of a valid reduction pass.
- No consumption of food or drinks brought in from outside.
- You can take beverages bought at the Filmhuis café into the screening halls. Thank you for returning your glass/cup to the bar.
- Please note: tickets are issued without pre-seating. On busy days, be sure to be at the film hall door in time to obtain the seating of your choice.
- Doors close five minutes after the start of the film.
- No dogs allowed (accept guide dogs) in the screening halls or in the restaurant.
- Babies are not allowed in the screening halls, except during our special baby cinema screenings every last Friday of the month.
- By order of the Fire Brigade it is prohibited to bring large packages, bags, folding bicycles, etc., into the screening halls.