Filmhuis Den Haag is an open and inspiring location where it's all about love for film. We are open 364 days a year for film and more: Breakfast, lunch or dinner; the possibility to work, have a meeting or organise a children's party; inspiring art exhibitions and lectures... And of course at the heart of it all: the best films, all day long on the big screen.
- How can I contact Filmhuis Den Haag
Filmhuis Den Haag is located at Spui 191, 2511 BN in The Hague, The Netherlands. Chamber of Commerce: 27143639Office:+31 (0)70 - 345 9900 or firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice hours: Mon. to Fr. 9.30 - 18.00Restaurant:+31 (0)70 - 364 8763 during opening hours of the box office.Box Office:+31 (0) 70 - 365 6030The box office can be reached during opening hours: daily 10.00 - 22.00Tickets can be bought online, click here, or at the box office during opening hours.
- What are the opening hours?
Filmhuis Den Haag is open 364 days a year. Monday through Friday from 9.00 am, Saturday and Sunday we open at 10.00 am.
Daily 10.00 - 22.00
Monday till Friday from 09.00
Saturday & Sunday from 10.00
Daily 17.30 - 21.00
- How much is a ticket?
- Everyday until 12:30: €7,50
- Sunday up to Thursday from 12:30: €9
- Friday, Saturday, and holidays from 12:30: €10
- Film longer than 180 minutes: +€2.50
- 3D (glasses + screening): + €2
- Are there any discounts?
- CJP, student, 65+, Sneak: - €1,50
- Children matinee: - €2.50
- Friends of FHDH & kids up to 11 years: - €2.50
- Ooievaarspas: 50% (not on online ticket sale)
- No discounts on friday, saturday en offical holidays from 17:00 (except for Vrienden- and Ooievaars-passholders).
- Discount is given only upon presenting a valide discount pass.
- Discount doesn't stack; no further discount on already discounted tickets.
- Free tickets can not be exchanged for cash.
The Family Ticket costs €26 and is valid for 4 people, of which at least 2 may not be older than 11 years, and for the same film (valid for the entire programme, regardless of day or hour). Every additional child (until 18 years) pays €6.50.
Are you a regular visitor to Filmhuis Den Haag? Then the ‘10-ritten’ (multi-ticket) pass may be just the thing for you.
This discount pass entitles you to 10 film screenings of your choice, for just €75.
The pass is also valid for Theater Dakota, where the Filmhuis operates another film hall!
Friends of Filmhuis Den Haag
Become a Friend of Filmhuis Den Haag for € 39 a year! Friends do have some privileges, of course...
With a Cineville subscription, you can watch an unlimited number of films at Filmhuis Den Haag or one of the other 18 participating cinemas, for just € 19 a month!
- Are there any gift vouchers?
A joy to give - a pleasure to get
Filmhuis Den Haag sells it's own gift vouchers, besides the nation wide 'Bioscoopbon'. There are two kind of gift vouchers:
- The 'FILM & DRANKJE' gift voucher is valid for 1 person for 1 film screening of your own choice and 1 drink (no high spirits) in our café. Price: €14.00
- The 'FILM & DINNER' gift voucher is valid for 1 person for 1 film screening of your own choice and 1 dinner for 1 person (a choice from a dinner salad or a main course, or a soup and a small salad. 1 Drink (no high spirits), a basket of bread and 1 cup of coffee afterwards) in our restaurant. Price: € 33.50
How to get there
- How can I get there?
Stop Bierkade: bus 5, 22, 24 or N5 / tram 1, 8, 9, 10, 15 or 16
Stop Centrum: bus bus 22 or 24 / tram 1 or 16
Stop Spui: tram 2, 3, 4 or 6
Stop Nieuwe Haven: bus 18, 22 or 24
The train stations CS (Central Station) and HS (Hollands Spoor) are at ten minutes walking distance.
Coming from the A12 motorway (Utrechtsebaan, from the directions Utrecht, Amsterdam (A4), Rotterdam), leave the motorway at exit number 2. Turn left at the traffic lights at the top of the exit. You will then find yourself passing Central Station, followed by Lucent Dance theatre and Hotel Mercure (all on your right). Immediately after Mercure, you come to a crossroads with Spui (traffic lights). Across, to your right, is Filmhuis Den Haag.
- Where can I park my car?
- What is ParkBee?
ParkBee makes private parking accessible to the public. They can offer affordable and easy parking at A locations to the public.
- It is accessible for disabled?
Halls 1, 2, 4 and 5 of Filmhuis Den Haag are wheelchair accessible. We have a limited number of spaces available for wheelchairs. When making your reservation, please inquire in which hall the film of your choice is shown and indicate your need for a wheelchair space.
All catering facilities have wheelchair access and a disabled bathroom is available.
- Are there any house rules?
- Discounts only on presentation of a valid reduction pass.
- No consumption of food or drinks brought in from outside.
- You can take beverages bought at the Filmhuis café into the screening halls. Thank you for returning your glass/cup to the bar.
- Please note: tickets are issued without pre-seating. On busy days, be sure to be at the film hall door in time to obtain the seating of your choice.
- Doors close fifteen minutes after the start of the film.
- No dogs allowed in the screening halls or in the restaurant.
- Babies are not allowed in the screening halls, except during our special baby cinema screenings every last Friday of the month.
- By order of the Fire Brigade it is prohibited to bring large packages, bags, folding bicycles, etc., into the screening halls.
About Filmhuis Den Haag
- About Filmhuis Den Haag
Filmhuis Den Haag aims to pass on the knowledge of, and passion for, film and history of film. We do this by showing films that are not screened at regular cinemas. The Filmhuis offers a choice of film titles worth viewing for their quality, remarkable theme or their place in the portfolio or history of film. By actively collaborating with various (cultural) institutes and organisations, Filmhuis is able to broaden its programme. Films often address societal problems, allowing the Filmhuis to connect to topical issues. By programming European as well as non-Western films, Filmhuis caters to the international community and the cultural diversity of the population of The Hague.
The Filmhuis has a total of 7 halls: 5 halls for film screening (332 chairs), 2 multifunctional ones, a café-restaurant and a library. Every year, some 145,000 visitors see 500 films in 9,000 screenings.
Because of a collaboration with Theater Dakota the Filmhuis has an extra hall with another 63 chairs.
There are roughly four kinds of programmes:
- Premiere films are recent new titles screened for one or for several weeks. Continuation partly depends on public interest. The programme is determined each week on Monday for the next film week (Thursday through Wednesday). Filmhuis presents about 60 premier films per year, including children’s films, documentaries and films aimed at juniors.
- Under the heading Special programmes, the Filmhuis compiles and organises (country) festivals, retrospectives, classics series, introductions, lectures and debates, film courses, and exhibitions. This is usually done in collaboration with other Film theatres and (cultural) organisations.
- OurCross over programme is dedicated to media arts in the broadest sense of the word. It is a multifunctional and multidisciplinary hall, showing the whole spectrum of video art, multi-media performances, audio-visual installations, animation and short films, VJs, music videos, advertisements, cross-over and other groundbreaking, titillating and film-related productions.
- Children’s films: are shown on all days during school holidays, on Saturday and Sunday afternoons and sometimes also on Wednesday and Friday.
The following are supplemental services of Filmhuis Den Haag:
- Education: We offer a broad educational programme for (school) groups as well as interested individuals, including films with lesson papers and introductions, glimpses behind the scenes, workshops and courses.
- Café/Restaurant: In our lively and cosy café/restaurant areas you can enjoy a dinner, snack and a drink before or after the cinema show. It is also available for group receptions and for hire.
Please make your restaurant reservation in advance